Nothing that happens in the workplace is as important as your health and safety. Avantor® helps keep you and your colleagues safe with a complete line of safety products and personal protective equipment.
Safety Disciplines and Workflows
Avantor offers the safety supplies, products, equipment, supplies, and services you need to maintain a safe workplace for you and your colleagues. Whether it is laboratory safety, manufacturing, personal protective equipment (PPE), or facilities maintenance and hygiene, Avantor has the products you need.
We can help you maintain a safe, clean lab with a wide range of high-quality absorbents, disposal containers,and labelling systems, and everything for personal protection, like protective apparel, gloves, safety specs, hearing- and respiratory protection.
We stock everything you need to help protect yourself and your colleagues while you work. Avantor helps keep you healthy and safe with protective equipment to high-quality workwear.
Avantor carries the top brands in chemical handling, storage, facility maintenance, and waste management products to help you keep your lab clean and safe.
What Is the Importance of Wearing Lab Safety Equipment?
Wearing lab safety equipment is extremely important because it protects researchers and lab employees from injuries in the workplace. Depending on the research or lab studies being conducted, there could be a chance of exposure to hazardous materials. By wearing proper attire and safety equipment, the risk of harm can be minimized, and labs can help prevent accidents from occurring.
What Is the Essential Safety Equipment Needed in a Lab?
Some of the typical lab safety equipment needed in most labs includes:
- Chemical fume hoods – Fume hoods draw the harmful vapors out of the laboratory to help prevent you from inhaling vaporous chemicals and gases.
- Eyewash stations – A nearby eyewash station can make a big difference if any substance gets into your eyes from a splash or other accident.
- Fire blankets – Fire blankets can be used to smother the flames if someone’s clothes catch fire.
- Fire extinguishers – Fire can develop fires when labs use flammable materials or electrical equipment. Labs must have easily accessible fire extinguishers to extinguish flames immediately.
- First aid kits – Multiple well-stocked first aid kits should be available in every lab for use in the event of an injury.
- Laboratory coats – Covering your body with a lab coat can help prevent hazardous materials from contacting your skin.
- Laboratory-safe refrigerators – Lab-safe fridges are specifically designed to have no ignition sources. They also have other safety features that ensure the safe storage of lab materials.
- Protective gloves – Lab work requires working with your hands, and protective gloves offer a reduced risk of injury.
- Safety goggles – Proper lab eyewear helps protect your eye.
- Safety showers – A safety shower lets you quickly wash off harmful substances if they splash onto your skin.
Avantor Lets Your Lab Focus on Innovation
Safety is a top priority in your workplace. You can depend on Avantor to provide it all, from workplace safety equipment to safety information.